Meredith's great-aunt Martha came to see us too
She brought Meredith an Aubie that plays Auburn's fight song

Since we hadn't seen her since January, Martha also gave Meredith her birthday present, a Hummel figure from Germany
The first house we went to was our across-the-alley neighbor (well technically they are also our next-door neighbors - anyway, not important - look at a map of my neighborhood if you are curious). I will take a second here and talk about our across-the-alley neighbors Susan and Jim - they are a Godsend. It is such a small world, he is retired from Ciba (he knows Todd's Dad and if you have forgotten, Todd also works for Ciba) but when he worked for Ciba, they were delegated to Basel, Switzerland; Hong Kong (I am not 100% sure about that one, but I am sure it was in Asia - I am just not sure if I am getting them confused with someone else) and he also worked in Arkansas for a while (but he just commuted - the family stayed in Alabama that time) so they TOTALLY get where we are coming from, just leaving a European delegation. And they are so very nice too, he goes fishing and gives us fresh fish, and she has been invaluable in recommending local things to me (doctors and such) because remember, although I lived in Mobile for 8 years before moving to Germany, I know very little about Daphne. They also have grandkids around Meredith's age (who live close by) so they love when Meredith comes over and messes with their stuff!
Climbing down their front steps - she really got the hang of this
Climbing back up their steps
Then we all went trick-or-treating together, here is Todd with Meredith, and Susan's daugher Elizabeth and granddaughter Katherine. Todd eventually went home to start handing out candy at our house. Meredith REALLY got the hang of trick-or-treating after just a few houses and she really enjoyed climbing everyone's front steps. She didn't care anything about the candy, she just wanted to go up to people's doors (and sometimes inside!) I finally had to drag her home (screaming) because she was having such a good time (it was getting late). She didn't want any help going up those steps either - she was always the last one when a bunch of neighborhood kids went up to a house, but she did it all by herself.
Okay this is technically the day after Halloween which is November, but it fits in with this post. The day after Halloween we went to Satsuma to see Todd's parents on our way to Montgomery for Hope's wedding. We took Meredith's picture in the pumpkin patch in Satsuma - it makes great scenery for a Halloween picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment