Saturday, February 24, 2007

All Meredith wants for Christmas is her two front teeth...

...But so far, they are a no-show! We did have a nice Christmas, but first I'll have to backtrack a little...



Meredith made great accomplishments in November - she started eating solid food and perfected her sitting up. And she really tried hard to crawl, but it just wasn't there yet...


We spent Thanksgiving with three other families, one from Louisiana, one from New Jersey, and one from Canada, although the Canadian family has lived in the U.S. for a while before moving to Germany. We also had a children's Christmas party with my women's group, complete with a European Santa Claus. She really enjoyed it and wasn't scared of Santa at all, she just wanted to chew on the present. The next pictures are of her with Santa Claus, and of the Reaves family at the children's party.


These next pictures are of what happens when Todd watches Meredith - they both fall asleep...and of course I have to put in one of Sunny - he got himself totally under that blanket on his own, I don't know how he does it but we had no part in it...


We had a quiet Christmas here in Germany, just the four of us. Here are some pictures of our small family Christmas at home (ok, mostly of Meredith).

"Big brother" is "helping" her play with her new toys - he just wants to be close!
Then, we left for the U.S. on December 29th. We celebrated Christmas with both sides of the family. The first picture is watching the train go around the Christmas tree at Nana and Pop Huff's house, and the second is sitting with her Santa Claus that is almost as big as she is at Mimi and Papa Reaves' house. We were also supporting Auburn in their bowl game that day, as you can see from her attire.



We also got to visit with some friends while we were here. The first picture is of Meredith with Grant Griffith, she is seven months and he is four months there. Grant and his parents Aron and Crystal came to see us in Satsuma.
The next picture is of Meredith with Stephen and Melissa Russell's older set of twins, Evan and Grayson. They live in Montgomery and we had a nice time visiting with all four children and the busy parents!
The next picture is of Meredith and Daddy on her first carousel ride in the Bel Air Mall in Mobile. Daddy wanted to take her, Mommy was a little nervous but she loved it! I also have to point out that Todd and Meredith look so much alike in this picture - it is scary.


Here she is just making faces

We also had Meredith's christening at Auburn United Methodist Church on January 13th (Uncle Dave and Aunt Joanna's church) with our close family in attendance, with a little party afterwards at Uncle Dave and Aunt Joanna's house. The first picture is with us and the pastor, Charles Cummings.
This one is of Meredith posing for the camera (so sweet!) This was at Uncle Dave's house.


Here is our family, all dressed up for a change

I have been hearing your pleas for pictures (trust me, from more than one person). I promise I am currently working on the next, more recent update - I just need to load the pictures on the blog - so check back very soon for more pictures and more about what is going on. Enjoy the pictures and more to come soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the update. Such a beautiful family and precious little girl. We really miss you guys.
Nana and Pop

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I have been checking for an update. I can't believe how fast Meredith is growing, she is just beautiful! I am glad to hear ya'll had such a great holiday. Miss you and hope to hear from you soon!
Leia